Wrongful Death Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
When you lose a loved one due to negligence
Wrongful death cases arise when negligent behavior leads to a fatality. Cases of wrongful death can be difficult to prove without the help of a knowledgeable wrongful death lawyer in Phoenix, AZ. At David R. Farney, PLC, our experienced team understands what you’re going through. Passionate advocates for justice, we support you throughout your wrongful death claim.
Accidents that could lead to wrongful death
Our wrongful death law firm in Phoenix, AZ realizes just how difficult it is to lose a loved one — and we know that when the death could have been prevented, it is even more tragic. In a 2007 survey from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), unintentional injury was reported to be the leading cause of death in the United States among all age groups. Many types of accidents in which preventable personal injuries could occur have the potential to produce fatalities as well. These include motor vehicle accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, food poisoning, dog bites, defective products accidents and premises accidents.
Who can file a wrongful death lawsuit?
Throughout the state and in Phoenix, AZ, wrongful death law indicates who has standing in a wrongful death claim — in other words, who’s allowed to file suit. If any of the following describes your relationship to the deceased, you have standing:
- The deceased was your spouse
- The deceased was your parent
- The deceased was your child
- The deceased was your sibling, and he or she had no surviving spouse or children
- You are a personal representative of the deceased’s potential beneficiaries
What can you recover?
With assistance from Phoenix, AZ wrongful death lawyer David R. Farney, family members can seek compensation for the following physical, emotional and financial losses and damages:
- Net income of the deceased
- Future expected income
- Supportive services including protection, care, assistance, society, companionship, comfort, guidance, advice and counsel
- Funeral and burial costs
- Punitive damages (available in cases of gross negligence, malicious intent or reckless conduct)