Hi, this is Dave Farney with some general suggestions on what you should do if you're involved in an accident.  First and foremost, get a police report.  If it's out of private parking lot you won't be able to get one.  But if it's on a public highway, please get a police report.  It'll help you in processing your claim assessing fault, getting insurance information, and so forth, that you're going to need when you move forward.  Secondly, do not talk to the insurance company.  There may be contact. Typically the insurance companies are the first to contact you.  They know because they're insured has called them as you should as well contact your own insurance company.  And they're going to want to get a statement.  Typically they want to record it.  Please do not give them a recorded statement.  We never allow our clients to do that.  There can be things said that are misunderstood, misinterpreted, that can come up to haunt you later.  Third, please get medical treatment.  You don't know the nature of injuries like the medical professionals are going to know.  So get medical treatment as soon as you can.  At least have yourself evaluated and examined to make sure there's nothing going on. And if there is something going on then they'll make appropriate referrals and you can seek treatment accordingly.  And then fourthly and lastly:  take pictures. Take pictures if you're able to do that of the accident, the cars involved and so forth. That'll also help us.  So anyway, I hope that helps with some pointers - things to think about if you should be involved in an accident; and then please give our office a call.  We'll be happy to process the claim for you after that.  Thanks. Talk to you soon.